- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
- Why Mitty Chrome Powder is the real deal?
Chrome & Holo Powders
- The base can be Gel nail polish or normal nail polish. We suggest you use a gel nail polish. Any colour is OK as each colour gives a different effect. We recommend black; it really achieves the chromed finished in our opinion. For gel polish, place your nails under your UV/LED lamp until the gel is dry. (See manufacturing recommendation for the timing as each system is different)
- Now you need to apply your top coat. Super important, this MUST be Gel top coat. We recommend a NO WIPE GEL TOP COAT. Once applied place your nails back under your UV/LED lamp until the top coat is 100% dry.
- Now dip the colour side of the applicator in your Mitty Chrome powder set in the chrome powder, and then rub it onto your nail. You will need to rub, think of it like buffing up silverware, rub away until your nails shine like a star in the night sky
- Now turn the applicator and use the white side to finalise the buffing process. This will give you an even shiny look.
- Handy hint: It’s easy to get the chrome powder everywhere, all over your actual finger, and it’s hard to get off your skin. Before you even apply the chrome powder put on Flawless Finish by Mitty Mani tapes to minimise clean up.
- Now take your Mitty I'm Fan-tastic brush, fan brush, and wipe away the excess chrome powder.
- It is very important to apply a top coat otherwise the chrome will rub off. Apply a Gel top coat and cure it under the light. Again we highly recommend a NO WIPE GEL TOP COAT.
- Tip: You can apply a normal top coat however you are likely to have 2 issues. First one is that you will have strikes into your chrome nails and second one is that you most definitely will loose the shininess.
Mitty Magical Fairy Dust Holo Powder So you have seen Holo powder, it looks awesome. It changes colour, it looks three dimensional,so shiny, so different. But not all Holo powders are the same. You want that look you saw on Instagram/Youtube? So many reviews, so many levels of changing colour, and shininess (if thats a word), but its true. Maybe you've even tried it, (we did and at first major disappointment), we really struggled to achieve a three dimensional Holo look. We followed instructions to the letter "T", it was nice, but not really Holo with very little shininess (there's that word again). We discovered the Shininess is to do with two key elements. Firstly the micron size or Mesh Size. Basically the finer the particles the more active ingredients and less, lets say "Fillers" are in the powder. So finer Micron Size, finer Mesh size, equals lots more BLING. Mitty Holo powder is the finest micron/mesh grade available. Secondly and very importantly is the ingredients. Mitty Holo powder contains fine, fine glass particles that act like millions of little mirrors and thats how we get that multi coloured shininess. This is why we called ours Magical Fairy Dust. We like to think it was made by unicorns. Our Holo Powder also contains Silver, yes real silver, for super shininess. (Some brands substitute silver with aluminium). Mitty Holo powder will give you the multi coloured magical look, we guarantee it. Others will claim it, but we have it. Mitty as you have seen is the trusted quality nail art brand, so many reviews, so many users, so many people trust Mitty.